The Almex SG1 Switchgear Box offers the very latest in control box technology, made with aircraft grade aluminum, that is designed as hub that can control the high amount of power required to heat multiple vulcanizers – up to 16 platen sets when networked.
Combined with an ALMEXPAD and Splice QA software, real-time temperature and pressure readings are captured automatically and provide a formal record of your splice details; ideal for belt manufacturer warranties.
Have an older SG1 Switchgear? Talk to your ALMEX OEM SERVICE Rep about upgrading your unit.
Having issues in the field? Ask your Rep about remote connectivity to your SG1 to help diagnose any issues.
- New T-Connector with 2-3 psi variance to easily network SG1s ensure no network interruptions and consistent pressure
- Rigorously tested and proved to run at temperatures -25 °C to 65 °C (- 13 °F to 149 °F)
- Input cure profiles by adjusting set points and dwell times
- Temperature and set point indicators
- LCD menu
- Coolant pump control
- 8-point thermocouple input, 4-point RTD input
- Audible alarm for out-of-range temperature, pressure or voltage current
- WiFi connection
- USB data port for communication and data logging
- Synchronized platen heat-up (Max. 5 ºC variance across 32 platens)
- Sealed to IP54 rating
- WiFi ruggedized flexible antenna
- 802.11 WiFi network with indication
- Full automatic or manual platen control
- Full automatic or manual cooling cycle
- Multiline LCD display and input
- USB Port for data logging & upgrades
- Emergency stop button
- Audible alarm 90dB
- Dedicated cure temperature display
- 4 Platen display with power indication
- 8 Inputs for Thermocouple input
- Wireless pressure sensor anntena
- 4 Platen output and power supply
- Either 60 or 100 amp power supply
- Power & control circuit for pressure pump
- Power & control circuit for cooling
- Communications port for multiple SG1 connectivity
- ALMEXPAD interfacing for comprehensive and easy splice cycle management via Splice QA Software
- 60 or 100 Amp Power models
- Additional sensor and pressure cables
- Networking to join 2 to 8 SG1 panels
- “Ground Monitoring” – signals are sent to the breaker to trip when issues occur
- Storage case with wheels (24.8" (630 mm) x 13.875 " (353 mm) x 19.375 " (492 mm)
- Wireless air/liquid pressure transmitter - transmits pressure signals from fluid pressure pump units (HPP20-4, HPPC20-4, HP25MAX) to SG1 Switchgear panel
Dimensions: 20.75" (527 mm) x 10" (254 mm) x 18.75 " (476 mm) . 67 Lbs. (30.4kg).